18th IZA & 5th IZA/CREST Conference: Labor Market Policy Evaluation
Isaiah Andrews (Harvard University)
About the Workshop
We are very pleased to announce the 18th IZA & 5th IZA/CREST Conference on Labor Market Policy Evaluation. This conference is an initiative of the Institute of Labor Economics (IZA) in Bonn in cooperation with CREST.
The Program Committee invites submissions for about 12 presentations from academic researchers doing program evaluation research on policy issues related to the labor market. Papers that include innovative approaches or methodological contributions are of particular interest.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Innovative methods for policy evaluation (e.g. based on field experiments)
- Labor market policies for low-skilled, youth and other disadvantaged unemployed groups/welfare recipients
- Policies to integrate refugees and migrants into the labor market
- Gender norms and the labor market
- Relationship between labor market policies and health outcomes
- The effects of labor market policies on inequality (in wages, occupations, job tasks etc.)
- Machine learning for policy evaluation
- Identification of treatment effects
Please use the Online Application Form to submit pdf versions of papers. The deadline for paper submission is June 25, 2023.
Kindly note that we expect the submitter being the presenter of the paper.
Confirmations will be sent until July 7, 2023.
Travel and Accommodation
Those authors who are invited are expected to participate in the entire 2-day workshop. Economy class airfares and 3 nights of lodging for presenting authors and discussants will be covered according to the IZA Reimbursement Guidelines.
Kindly note that tax regulations prohibit IZA from fully reimbursing the travel expenses of conference participants who combine their trip with other destinations or extend their stay beyond the four-day window surrounding the event.
Please be sure before applying that your visa and vaccination status will allow you to attend the event.